General competition Rules
1. You should have a BFF pass to participate in contests.
2. We recommend you to register online before the event. However you may can register on Thursday or Friday at the event IF the contest are not fully booked.
3. If you chose "decide later" at the registration form or you want to register for more competitions, we will open a new contest-registration in September. The date will be announced very soon.
4. If you've already registered for the competitions, you don't need to register again. You can find your registration infos in your confirmation email.
5. Check out the contest schedule below and make sure that you are at the venue at least 15 minutes before the start, since we will begin the competitions right on time.
Prelims (Friday at 20:30)- Individuals will rotate partners and be judged individually. Songs will be of varying tempos and styles. 3 songs per heat.
Finals (Friday 23:15)- competitors will get to final and be randomly paired with a Pro-dancer and will not rotate. Final contest will be in Pro-Am format. The competitors will dance in dual spotlight format with their Partner and be judged individually.
You can be in Newcomer if:
- you have not finaled in any Blues dance competition.
- You are not in Level 4 or 5.
Prelims (Friday 21:00)- Individuals will rotate partners and be judged individually. Songs will be of varying tempos and styles. 3 songs per heat.
Finals (Friday 23:30)- Competitors will be randomly paired and will not rotate. They will be judged as individuals and dance in jam format.
Prelims (Saturday 20:30)- Dancers register as a couple and will dance in all skates to songs of varying tempos and styles. 3 songs per heat.
Finals(Saturday 23:30)- Couples will dance All-skate first and then each couple dances in Jam format to live music.
Prelims (Saturday 21:00)- Competitors will dance to 3 songs with varying of tempos and styles.
Finals (Sunday 23:30)- Eight dancers will enter the Final, which is in battle format and paired up randomly. Every couple will dance approx. 1.5 minutes to recorded song.
(Sunday 22:30)- Every team/Solo dancer has 40 to 80 seconds for the showcase. (Depending on amount of percipants, there may be a prelims during early evening on Sunday)
(Saturday 00:45) There is no prelims in this devision. Six couples (Invitational) will participate at All-Star and dance to live music. It will be self-judged plus 2 Judges (One of our musicians and one from audience)
If you are competing in the All Star MixnMatch, you are not allowed to compete in the Newcomer MnM or Open MixnMatch in the same role.
The list of prizes will be announced soon.